help! my pack doesnt work

Discussion in 'Infinity Help' started by Emerentus, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Emerentus

Emerentus New Member

Ever since I downloaded the pack it has been unstable, I had to reinstall the pack to be able to launch it without it crashing during startup.
    Now the situation has worsened I cant even launch the pack in the first place. I've tried updating java, adding more ram (I have 15GB dedicated), I've tried reinstalling technic. none of this has worked.

I also uploaded the log if that's useful to anyone

Attached Files:

2. Rux

Rux Admin Foxie
    Staff Member Admin

Hey Emerentus,
    Sorry to see you are experiencing trouble launching the Infinity Pack. Let's try to get this solved!

Firstly, thanks for attaching the logs and a video is a great idea! After checking through the log I have found out there is a library causing trouble with launching the pack.

Here are some possible fixes:

1) Update Java - it could be that your java install is either out of date or you are using 32-bit. You can check how to install the latest 64-bit version in this thread here: https://forum.infinitypack.net/threads/how-to-install-64-bit-java-for-the-infinity-pack.7/

2) After the update, you should be able to allocate more ram. I would suggest 2 - 4 GB depending on your system. If you need help here is a quick guide: https://forum.infinitypack.net/threads/how-to-allocate-more-ram-to-the-technic-launcher.8/

3) If the problem still occurs I would suggest creating a backup of your Technic folder, located at your desktop and then completely reinstalling the technic launcher.

The problem is mostly caused when installing the Technic launcher to a different directory (for example to your desktop) instead of the default install location because some files can not be accessed by the System due to Windows 10.

Let me know if that works!

TheRiceLord_ likes this.
  3. Emerentus

Emerentus New Member

Hi Rux,
    Thanks for the help!
    I already knew RAM and Java wouldn't be the problem. As I already was running at 15GB RAM and I updated java yesterday and I always make sure that I download the 64bit version. But changing the directory to the default technic directory seemed to have worked!
    For now atleast..

4. Rux

Rux Admin Foxie
    Staff Member Admin

Awesome! Glad I could help! Also, having 15GB Ram usually kills the launcher, I'd say use max 4 GB so you don't encounter any other problems